GetCOO

Cà Bembo

Ca Bembo is a grade-listed sixteenth-century palazzo in the parish of San Trovaso in the sestiere of Dorsoduro in Venice, Italy, noteworthy for a particularly large garden. It has, despite its name, no clear connection with the Bembo family, but a particularly strong association with one of the most prominent branches of the aristocratic Venetian family of the Barbarigo. The area which now houses the palazzo was originally occupied by the main residence of the Osso duro- which is to say the Dorsoduro branch of the Barbarigo family, whose main property is first mentioned as lining the canal of San Trovaso in a property title deed dating from 1374.[2] This branch was also known as the "Barbar



image