GetCOO

Chiesa di San Giuseppe di Castello

The church of san Giuseppe di Castello was built in 1512, as it is stated in a decree by the Venetian Senate and then entrusted to Augustins nuns. The building, whose architect is unknown, rise along a canal. The left-hand side of the church which looks on the “fondamenta” along the canal presents a series of double pilaster strips spaced out by semi-circular windows belonging to a successive epoch. The hut-shaped façade has just one remarkable architectural element, represented by elaborated tympanum above the portal, representing The Adoration of the Magi by Giulio Dal Moro. The interior is a single nave and above the main entrance there is the barco, the tribune that held the nuns’ choir



image