GetCOO

Chiesa di Santa Maria della Pace (o del Carmine)

The church of "S. Maria della Pace", also known as "Carmine" church, was built, in baroque style with neo classical tendencies, in 1671 in the area where one of the town fortress used to be.Its origin is connected with a prodigious peace contract occurred in 1309 between Guelphs and Ghibellins: before the bloody conflict was about to start, an image of the Virgin appeared whilst preventing the battle to begin.



image