GetCOO

Ex Chiesa di San Pietro - Cinema Mignon

Originally dedicated to Saints Peter and Paul, the church already existed in the tenth century and it was the most important in the area of the Byzantine castrum. It was completely transformed in the 15th century and then in 1530, when the façade was transferred from the west front (where it had been built according to the old rules) to the east one. Also in the sixteenth century it was rebuilt with five altars and then again transformed in 1745, when the parish priest restored the ceiling and promoted the reconstruction of the choir. In 1806 the church was deconsecrated and sold (1811). In 1912 it was used as a cinema, use that has remained unaltered since that year.



image