GetCOO

Museo di Storia Naturale

The first nucleus of the museum was created in '700, thanks to a donation of minerals made by rev. Antonio Marescotti to the existing Civic Museum. The first museum was inaugurated in 1872, in the former convent of the Martyrs in Roversella street. The collections were enriched until a new building was specially designed and built by engineer Carlo Savonuzzi between 1935 and 1937 on medieval remains of the former town of Sant'Anna hospital.



image