GetCOO

Palazzo Cipriano Pallavicini

This building was erected at the end of the 15th century to provide two adjacent residences, in the medieval tradition, in one single large house. In 1503 Babilano P. had a portal in marble made by Michele and Antonio Carbone.In 1540, Cipriamo Pallavicini, later to become Genoa’sarchbishop, entrusted the design of the fa&ccedel;ade to an architect whose identity remains unknown. In style, it was similar to the ROman houses designed by Bramamnte, with particolar attention being paid to tje groundlevel base. On the bases that private patronage in this scale was to benefit also of the city’s prestige, permisions was granted to demolish some poor house in front.



image