GetCOO

Palazzo Giorgio Centurione

In 1559, th building belonged to Cosma Centurione; it was bought in the 18th century by the Doria family.Partly rebuilt in the 19th century (entrance hall and stairwell), it is currently joined to two other buiding behind by a bridge which passes over Vico Chiuso del Leone and allows an opening to Vico dell’Oro.The façade bears painted decoration with cornices framing the windows, semicircular tympana and architraves with false mezzanine and panels under the windows. The Doric marble portal has pilaseers supporting a broken semicircular tympanism with a “Madonna enthroned with Child” (Queen of the city).



image