GetCOO

Palazzo Spini Feroni

Palazzo Spini Ferroni is a large, Gothic architecture palace located along Via de' Tornabuoni at the corner of Piazza Santa Trinita. It stands across the church of Santa Trinita.The palace was commissioned in 1289 by the rich cloth merchant and banker Geri Spini, on plots that he had bought after the 1288 flood of the Arno, from the monks of Santa Trinita. At the time, it was the largest privately-owned palazzo in Florence, rivaling in size the contemporaryPalazzo Vecchio, the seat of government of the Republic. The design of Palazzo Spini Feroni has been attributed to list of architects including Arnolfo di Cambio or Arnolfo's father, Lapo Tedesco.



image