GetCOO

Palazzo Zani

Palazzo Zani is a Renaissance palace on via Santo Stefano 56 in central Bologna, Italy.Construction of the palace was commissioned from Marc’Antonio Zani, from the architect Floriano Ambrosini. The palace was completed in 1594. The facade has a giant order of pilasters, standing atop a rusticated portico.The courtyard had an illusionistic fresco (1785) painted by Antonio Bonetti. The ground floor has frescoes by Girolamo Mattioli, while the ceiling of the main salon was decorated by a young Guido Reni with frescoes of the Fall of Phaeton. The Zani family once owned the Madonna of the Rose by Parmigianino, sold in 1732, and now in the collection at Dresden.



image