GetCOO

San Cristoforo dei Bastardini

The complex dates back to the Middle Age, consisting of the church or oratory of St. Christopher of Bastardini (illegitimate children) and a small hospital, ruled from 1408 by the brotherhood of the Holy Spirit, who welcomed abandoned children.Thanks to the intervention of the Duchess Barbara of Austria, the architect Alberto Schiatti endowed the structure of a new façade (1570). It was closed in the second half of the nineteenth century and later became the seat of the Art Institute"Dosso Dossi" (a high school).



image