Padiglione d'Arte Contemporanea (PAC) is a contemporary art space in Milan. It is located near Giardini Pubblici Indro Montanelli, next to the Modern Art Gallery. In 1947 the Municipality of Milan, pressed by the need to find a new exhibition space for contemporary art, focused its attention on the site of Villa Belgioiosa, destroyed by bombing in 1943. It was decided to use the Villa as a site for the Modern Art Gallery, and to build a brand new space exclusively devoted to contemporary art. The design by the architect Ignazio Gardella was preliminarily selected in March 1948, and the Pavilion was inaugurated in 1954. In 1979, PAC reopened after a long period of closure for renovations.