Arco Ganganelli

The beautiful Triumphal Arch was conceived as a tribute to the newly elected Pope Clement XIV in 1769 (Lorenzo Ganganelli), a native son of Santarcangelo di Romagna. It frames the central piazza Ganganelli beautifully. The Arch was designed by the architect Cosimo Morelli (1769–77). In front of the Arch there is the Town Hall of the mid-1800s, built on designs by Giovanni Benedettini.