The Church of Saint Anthony of Padua is a Roman Catholic titular Church, built for the Order of Friars Minor, who needed a new home after they were moved from Santa Maria in Aracoelito allow the construction of the Monument to Vittorio Emanuele II. The church was elevated to minor basilica status in 1931. In 1960 Pope John XXIII granted it a titular church as a seat for Cardinals. Two staircases provide access to the gantry of the church, where stands a statue of Saint Anthony of Padua, holding the Christ Child. Inside, the church is constructed of three naves, divided by two columns of pillars made of pink marble.