GetCOO

Cappella di S. Agata

The chapel is first mention of in 1132. Built close by the church of S. Paolo a Ripa d’Arno, its connections with this building lasted until the 16th century, when it was handed to the Benedictine lay sisters from the nearby convent.The chapel is a small regular octagon, with a pointed roof entirely built in brick, as is the rest of the building. The walls are decorated with pilasters and rounded "dead" arches standing on stone plinths that are gradually taller going from east to west, probably because of modifications in the original structure.A door in the west wall faces the Church of S. Paolo. The four adjacent walls, two to each side, have triple mullioned windows resting .



image