GetCOO

Chiesa dei Santi Filippo e Giacomo

Santi Filippo e Giacomo is a Renaissance style, Roman Catholic church in Naples, Italy, located on Via San Biagio dei Librai, near the churches of San Biagio Maggiore and Santa Luciella.In 1593, the church was commissioned by local merchants and tradesman in the zone. The church we see today is the product of a 1758 reconstruction by Gennaro Papa. The concave/convex facade recalls the style of Borromini; and the top level niches hold statues of Religion and Faith by Giuseppe Picano, while the lower level has statues of St Phillip and St James by Giuseppe Sanmartino. The pavement was designed by Giuseppe Massa, and the holy water fonts by Domenico Antonio Vaccaro.



image