GetCOO

Chiesa dei Santi Simone e Giuda

It was built in the twelfth century and is set in the center of the Byzantine castrum, the oldest part of the city. It was erected as a parish between 1254 and 1274. It was the subject of demolition, reconstruction and restoration. Finally, the church underwent a fully funded, conservative restoration: cornice, ceiling rose, arches of the windows, white Istrian stone and marble of Verona portal (XVI century).