GetCOO

Chiesa dei Santi Vincenzo e Anastasio

Santi Vincenzo e Anastasio a Trevi is a Baroque church. Built from 1646 to 1650 to the design of architect Martino Longhi the Younger and located in close proximity to the Trevi Fountain and theQuirinal Palace, for which it served as parish church, it is notable as the place where the precordia and embalmed hearts of 25 popes from Sixtus V to Leo XIII are preserved. Santi Vincenzo e Anastasio a Trevi lies on the location of a medieval church, mentioned in 962 in a bull by Pope John XII as a branch of the San Silvestro in Capite basilica as well as in 15th century records. Known as Santi Vincenzo e Anastasio since the 16th century, it was rebuilt in the Baroque style and completed in 1650.



image