GetCOO

Chiesa del San Salvatore

The SS. Salvatore church has ancient origins and since the 12th century it lodged the Canons Regulars of S. Maria di Reno. In the 15th century they gave to the building a more decorous structure, which was completly replaced in 1606-23 by a new monumental temple designed by the barnabite chaplain Ambrogio Mazenta and the architect Tommaso Martelli.