GetCOO

Chiesa del SS.mo Salvatore

The church of SS. Salvatore, placed in second line compared to the main street , on a raised position, is one of the most significant among the smaller churches. We have not much news about the church before the earthquake of 1693. In 1441 it was already existing and subjected to the mother church of St. George; at that time it was outside the city walls. In the Renaissance it is remembered for an important commercial fair, on the feast of SS. Salvatore (August 6)



image