GetCOO

Chiesa della Compagnia della Morte

The Church of the Confraternity of Death was built starting in 1575 to give a decent burial to the poor people. The works were done by Bino Sozi and the architect was Vincenzo Danti; they lasted until 1600 and over. The architectural structure is a Greek cross, with a dome on a high lantern. It has a rich Mannerist portal (1606), topped by an entablature reminiscenting the doric decoration of the Etruscan Arch. The interior was renovated in the eighteenth century. There are paintings and stucco by Francesco Busti, Cristoforo Gasperi and Antonio Maria Garbi (XVIII sec.). On the main altar is a painting of "All Saints" of the seventeenth century by Felice Pellegrini.



image