Chiesa della Madonna di Loreto

The church dedicated to Our Lady of Loreto was erected in 1640 by the townsfolk, willing to thank the Virgin for having spared them during the terrible landslide that swamped the second access door to the city and most of the houses in the town centre. The building is the first of the many buildings built in the XIV century, changing forever the town’s medieval outlook. Originally, the church consisted of a rectangular hall with a wooden truss ceiling. The main altar is a true masterpiece, with its wooden retablo, carved, painted, and gilded in 1732 at the centre of which is a niche hosting an image of Virgin with Child. It’s a mannequin statue, stillused in religious processions.