GetCOO

Chiesa della Santissima Trinità degli Spagnoli

Santissima Trinità a Via Condotti or Santissima Trinità degli Spagnoli is a church at the start of via Condotti in the Campo Marzio district. It’s one of the national churches of Spain in Rome. It’s and its adjoining convent were built by the Spanish Trinitarians between 1741 and 1746 under pope Benedict XIV. They were designed by the Portuguese architect Emanuele Rodriguez dos Santos, assisted by Giuseppe Sardi. It was on the site of the former palazzo Ruccellai, bought in 1733 for 25474 Roman scudi by Father Lorenzo of the Trinitarian Order, in the name of the provinces of Castiglia, Leone and Navarre. Shortly afterwards the foundation was placed under the protection of the Spanish crown.



image