Nostra Signora del Sacro Cuore is a Catholic church dedicated to the Virgin Mary located in Rome's Piazza Navona. An earlier church had been erected in the same place, on the ruins of the Stadium of Domitian, in the 12th century. The first mention of this church is in the will of Henry of Castile (1230-1304), son of King Ferdinand III of Castile, who had given money to build it in 1259. The new edifice was built for the Holy Year of 1450 using a gift from Alfonso de Paradinas. The façade, once facing the opposite side than now, was designed by Bernardo Rossellino. Pope Alexander VI, of Spanish origin, later had a square carved out in front of it.