GetCOO

Chiesa di San Carlo

The church, started in 1664 on a design by Bartolomeo Avanzini, architect to the Duke's court, is currently used as an auditorium.
The inside is divided into three naves and holds several paintings by the most important of Modena's XVII century artists.
The apse, with its full baroque stucco decoration, houses a large canvass by Marcantonio Franceschini depicting the great plague occurred in Milan.




image