GetCOO

Chiesa di San Carlo

San Carlo Borromeo is a Baroque, Roman Catholic church located on Corso Giovecca 191, a block east of the Castello Estense in Ferrara, Italy. Construction of this church took place from 1612-1623, at the site of a chapel dedicated to Saint Filippo e Giacomo, designed by Alberto Schiatti, for the hospital of Santa Anna, which once extended parallel to the facade. The San Carlo church was designed by Giovanni Battista Aleotti, commissioned by Cardinal Carlo Emmanuele Pio. The earthquake of 2012 caused closure of the church. Restoration of the facade was recently patronized by the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Ferrara. By 2013, reinforcement of the roof was complete.



image