GetCOO

Chiesa di San Francesco delle Donne - Museo di Tessitura Giuditta Brozzetti

The workshop is situated in the gothic church of San Francesco delle Donne, first Franciscan settlement in Perugia. Founded by Giuditta Brozzetti in 1921 as a workshop-school with the aim of reproducing traditional Umbrian textiles of mediaeval and renaissance origin. After 4 generation the heirs Clara and Marta, ensure the continuity using manual pedal looms with four heddles from the XVIII Century and a jacquard loom from 1836.



image