GetCOO

Chiesa di San Giovanni Crisostomo

San Giovanni Grisostomo (Saint John Chrysostom) is a small church in Venice. The church was founded in 1080, destroyed by fire in 1475, then rebuilt starting in 1497 by Mauro Codussi and his son, Domenico. Construction was completed in 1525. The bell tower dates from the late 16th century. The interior is based on a Greek cross design. Behind the façade are hung two canvasses, formerly organ doors, by Giovanni Mansueti depicting Saints Onuphrius,Agatha, Andrew and John Chrysostom. Onuphrius was the co-titular patron saint who was revered by the confraternity of the Tentori (dyers of fabrics, covers, and sheets). In 1516, a relic of the saint was donated to this church.