GetCOO

Chiesa di San Giuseppe

The Church of St. Joseph (1613 ), a few meters from the entrance of the castle, with a small convent (1894 ) of the Jesuits, was estroyed and abandoned after the earthquake of 1693. It was restored and reopened in 1894. The church keeps inside, certainly from the most ancient church, a beautiful Nativity carved in marble, dated 1511, representing a small crib with all classic characters and environments , flanked by four beautiful heads of angels, which together with the face of the Madonna seem to the sicilian Renaissance Gagini family school.



image