GetCOO

Chiesa di San Giuseppe

First officially documented in 1187, it belonged to the Order of the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre and then, in the 19 th century, it became the seat of the Compagnia di San Giuseppe dei Falegnami. In 1857, with the construction of the Porta di Santa Croce (today Tre Archi), the church’s façade, once facing out onto Via Papale (today Corso Cavour), was moved to the current Via Marconi. Its interior holds 15 th century frescoes and a painting by Antonio Scaramuccia (1632 ca).



image