The church of San Matteo in Campo d'Orto is a religious building dating back to the twelfth century. It is located Viale Alessandro Pascoli near the church of San Francesco al Prato, outside the historic center of Perugia. Its Romanesque style building dates back to the 1175. Originally, the church belonged to the monastery of the Holy Cross of Fonte Avellana, and after it was ceded to the Friars Minor. During the restoration of 1876 various elements have been added: part of the facade with its bell tower recovered from the church of Santa Maria degli Aratri (demolished during the 19th century). The bare facade is dominated by its central position bell tower.