GetCOO

Chiesa di san Trovaso

San Trovaso (dedicated to sts. Gervasius and Protasius) is a church in the sestiere or neighborhood of Dorsoduro in Venice, northern Italy.The church dates to at least the 1028. The present church was rebuilt by 1584. The architect was probably Francesco Smeraldi. The church was consecrated in 1637. In the chancel are two canvases, Adoration of the Magi and Expulsion of Joachim from the Temple (before 1587) by Domenico Tintoretto, brought here from the church of Santa Maria Maggiore. The left rear chapel, commissioned by Antonio Milledonne, has a Temptations of Saint Anthony Abbot by Jacopo Tintoretto.