GetCOO

Chiesa di Santa Caterina di Strada Maggiore

It was a monastery of Vallombrosan nuns founded by Barbara Orsi in 1522, abolished in 1798. The porch, added by P. Fiorini in 1612, was restored in 1832 by E. Gasparini; statues on the facade (XIX century) by A. Franceschi, G. Putti, L. Roncagli; the bell tower was made by F. Antolini (1842).