GetCOO

Chiesa di Santa Cecilia

The Church of S. Cecilia was founded in 1102 by Camaldolese monks from the nearby Church of St. Michael in Borgo, on land donated by the Visconti family. It was consecrated in 1107 by Bishop Pietro.The interior is a single aisle with a “hanging” belfry in the southwest corner. The belfry is POISed on two outside walls of the Church and the fourth corner rests on a pillar. The lower part of the gabled facade up to the architrave over the main door is in dressed stone blocks while the upper part is in brickwork, culminating in a decoration of dead archlets under the cornice of the pediment.



image