GetCOO

Chiesa di Santa Cristina

The earliest mention of a Church dedicated to St. Christina is in an 8th century AD index of documents, but only after the year 1000 is it reported to be in the Chinzica area, south of the River Arno. From documents in the early Middle Ages we know that the Church had a porch in front and the room at the base of the bell tower was let as a workshop.The appearance of the church today, built north-west - south-east and facing the Lungarno. is the result of renovation in the 19th century. It is plastered overall, with the exception of the apse at the eastern end, next to the 19th century bell tower, with a single nave and pitched roof.The apse, perhaps dating from the 10th or 11th century,



image