GetCOO

Chiesa di Santa Eufrasia

The Church of S. Eufrasia is mentioned for the first time in 780, in the foundation deeds of the Benedictine monastery of S. Savino. It was probably rebuilt in 1124 and given the names of Saints Eufrasia and Barbara. The church has been rebuilt and renovated several times over the centuries: the most important changes were carried out during the early decades of the 17th and in the 18th centuries, after the church passed into the hands of the Carmelite order of the Barefoot Teresians. The gabled front of the building is divided in two parts: below is the medieval construction in dressed blocks of stone and a portal surmounted by a round-arched lunette, with 18th century brickwork above.



image