GetCOO

Chiesa di Santa Maria della Vittoria

The church, of medieval origin, belonged to the order of the Humiliated and then passed the Dominican nuns. The Baroque reconstruction of the church was started in 1629 and ended in 1669, thanks to the financial support of Cardinal Luigi Omodei, brother of the prioress of the monastery. The church contains the tombs of the family of Cardinal Omodei. The monastery was suppressed in 1810. The church, in 1996, was given in use to the Romanian Orthodox community.



image