Chiesa e convento di San Torpè

The Church and adjacent convent, belonging to the Frati Umiliati, were founded between 1254 and 1278. In 1584 the construction passed to the Friars of S. Francesco di Paola, who conducted it until suppression in 1784. Later (until 1808), the property belonged to Vallombrosans and finally to Carthusians. After 1816 the building was handed to Carmelites.The plastered front with pitched roof is decorated with a lunette in sandstone containing a bust of S. Torpè, carved by the contemporary sculptor Antonio Fascetti.