GetCOO

Chiesa ed ex convento di San Domenico

The Church of St. Dominic, also known as the Rosary (1678 ), presents one of the few facades remained intact after the earthquake of 1693. The original church building and the adjacent Dominican convent date back to 1461. The church is full of interesting paintings of the sixteenth century, and it has a chapel, once reserved to the monks, richly decorated with mural paintings and fine stucco.The monastery is home to the Town Hall since 1869.In the cloister there is an interesting crypt (seventeenth century) containing the skeletal remains of the Dominican friars, and traces of frescoes .



image