GetCOO

Corderie - Arsenale di Venezia - Biennale

Mostra di Architettura di Venezia, the Architecture section of the Extending on the southern side of the Arsenale, built in 1303 and then rebuilt between 1576 and 1585 after the designs of Antonio da Ponte, they were originally destined to the production of hawsers and naval ropes. The building, fully covered by wooden trusses, measures 316 metres in length, 21 in width and 9,70 in heigth. It presents a three-aisle structure, each one propping up wooden trusses, approximately at a seven metre heighth. The exhibition spaces cover a 6400 square metres surface.



image