GetCOO

ex Chiesa dei Santi Felice e Regolo

This small building in via Ulisse Dini includes the remains of the church of SS. Felice e Regolo. The building is the result of late 19th century renovation in Neogothic style, and restoration on the 20th century that revealed the columns and capitals of the original medieval loggia.The church, first mentioned in 1070, stood within the Late Antiquity city walls, by the Visdomino gate. It was built as a loggia open on three sides. The columns and capitals facing via Dini were recovered from Roman buildings.The capitals, dating from the early 3rd century AD, were probably the work of craftsmen from the East.



image