GetCOO

Mercato Coperto

The Market Hall of Ravenna was inaugurated in 1922 at the first trade fair provincial , which took place in Ravenna between 10 and 25 June . It was the final act of a very troubled path , which had its roots in the late nineteenth century. In 1894 the old fish market (built in 1717) was destroyed, but the need for a structure that would serve as a container for the economic and commercial activities - including fish trade - was very much felt. In 1919 came the final project signed by E. Baroncelli and T. Gordini. It is the classical building we can see today, covering an area of 2,630 square meters, with four large pavilions. The work was completed in 1922.



image