GetCOO

Monastero di Santa Caterina

Designed by Galeazzo Alessi in the sixteenth century for the nuns of Santa Giuliana, it was then detected by the Benedictines of Santa Caterina Vecchia, who settled there in 1649. Partly state property in 800, was the seat from 1902 of the Saffa match factory. In the church there are frescoes (1718) and paintings by Mattia Batini and Benedetto Bandiera, as well as a seventeenth-century marble ciborium. It is currently partially occupied by a cloistered monastery.



image