GetCOO

Museo di Palazzo Davia - Bargellini

The Davia Bargellini palace in Strada Maggiore, housing the museum with the same name, is one of the major non-institutional buildings of Bologna for its size and loftiness of structure. The building of the palace, commissioned by Camillo Bargellini, started in 1638, according to a project by architect Bartolomeo Provaglia, and was completed after twenty years by master mason Antonio Uri. In 1839 the palace was bequeathed to a line of the Davia, another distinguished Bolognese family residing in the palace until 1874.



image