GetCOO

Oratorio di San Francesco dei Nobili

t was founded by the confraternity of the flagellants of Ranieri Fasani and in the 1800s transformed into the Sodalizio Braccio Fortebracci. The 16 th century marble portal leads through a vestibule decorated with Baroque stuccoes into the Sala del Consiglio and the oratory. The oratory, a lovely example of pre-Baroque décor, has a richly carved and guilded ceiling (1570-74) with friezes and ornaments by Sciarra Bovarelli (1584), finely carved seats and cornices, as well as an interesting cycle of paintings (1611) by Giovanni Antonio Scaramuccia.



image