GetCOO

Palazzo Antinori

Palazzo Antinori is a Renaissance palace located at the north end of Via de' Tornabuoni, where it makes an odd corner with Via dei Pecori, Via del Trebbio, and converts into Via dei Rondinelli, in Florence. The palace was built in 1461-1469, perhaps under the design of Giuliano da Maiano, commissioned by Giovanni di Bono Boni. The unfinished palace was sold in 1475 to the Martelli family; in 1506, they sold it to Nicolò Antinori, who commissioned several modification (rear façade) and embellishments (internal garden), perhaps to Baccio d'Agnolo. From the 1920s to 1965 (with gap for the war), the palace housed the British Institute of Florence.