The extent of the initial work on the new Palazzo Vescovile carried out by Cardinal della Corgna is unclear. However, he was able to accommodate the Jesuits from their arrival in Perugia in 1551 until some time after 1561, when the acquired the site of the Chiesa del Gesù. Cardinal Bishop Antonio Maria Gallo (1586-91) is known to have carried out improvements to the palace. As noted above, the three windows to the right on the first floor of Palazzo Vescovile probably belonged to the 14th century rebuilding of Palazzo del Podestà. The left part of the building stands on the site of the old Palazzo Vescovile.