Palazzo Arcivescovile

Located in the immediate vicinity of the Baptistery of Florence at number 3 in the Piazza di San Giovanni the Archbishop's Palace (Arcivescovile palace). The Arcivescovile Palace was damaged in a fire in 1533 and partially rebuilt in the late sixteenth century by Giovanni Antonio Dosio. Subsequently, in order to expand the Dome public square, facade of the building was demolished and raised a little further back. Inside the building there is a beautiful courtyard with its large arches with Doric columns and an upper open gallery formed by ionic columns, the work by Bernardino Ciurini.