GetCOO

Palazzo Bianco

Also the first palace encountered on the north side arriving from the west did not rightly belong to the new street. In reality, it existed before with a modest dimension, cubic and with angular loggias, which in Genoa were characteristic of the beginning of 1500, used in country palaces as a link with the outside space. This one in reality, on the side of the road ascending to the church and the convent of San Francesco – is a conserved place-name – was still a rustic site in 1548 when it resulted being inhabited by a Luca Grimaldi, who was engaged in developing his fortunes with shrewd speculations on the neighbouring land.