GetCOO

Palazzo Caetani

It was built in 1564 by Nanni di Baccio Bigio for Alessandro Mattei. Before it became a property of the Caetanis (1776) it had belonged to Cardinal Serbelloni and to others. Michelangelo Caetani was the one who took the plebiscite from Rome to Victor Emmanuel II who was staying in Florence; his son Onorato was Minister of Foreign Affairs and his son established the Caetani Foundation, when its seat in the palace. It is a 3 storey building with a mezzanine and it shows Sangallo reminiscences: frescoes dating back to the 16th century (by the Zuccaris), to the 17th century (Francesco da Castello), to the 18th century (Antonio Cavallucci) decorate the interior of the palace.



image