GetCOO

Palazzo Carrega - Cataldi

The building, which is currently the seat of the Chamber of Commerce, was constructed between 1558 and 1561 for Tobia Pallavicino by Giovanni Battista Castello il Bergamasco with the assistance of Bartolomeo Riccio, Domenico Solari and Antonio Roderio. The sixteenth-century structure consisted of a square-shaped two-floor body and two mezzanines. The building did not undergo significant alterations until the beginning of the eighteenth century, when, having fallen under the ownership of the Carrega family it was raised by one floor and considerably expanded. Two perpendicular wings and the rear part of the building enclosed by a simple plaster facade overlooking Piazza del Ferro were built.